Who are the Friends?
The Friends of the Willoughby Wallace Memorial Library is a non-profit volunteer organization that actively promotes community participation in library programs and supports the library’s growth and development.
What do the Friends do?
Contributions from Friends have enabled us to provide programs that appeal to the wide variety of citizens in the community. Here is a sampling of Friends’ sponsored programs:
- Monthly art shows, including the ever popular annual Stony Creek Art Show
- Cultural programs such as travelogues and musical presentations
- The Mark Schenker Lecture Series and Book Club
- Children’s activities such as the Gingerbread House workshop
- Free or discounted passes to Mystic Seaport, Shoreline Trolley Museum, Peabody Museum, New Britain Art Museum, Beardsley Zoo, and others
Members also receive postcards of upcoming events.
Contributions to the Friends also enhance the quality of this fabulous library and its offerings. We have used funds to:
- Support the professional development of our outstanding library staff
- Purchase media materials that would otherwise not be funded
- Share the cost of painting and refurbishing the art gallery walls
How do the Friends raise money for these worthy projects?
All of our funding comes from you and goes directly to the library. We rely on you for membership fees, donations, and purchasing items at our fundraisers.
Please become A FRIEND and support your local library!!!
How can you help? Please, be a Friend.
Questions about the Friends or becoming a member? Interested in volunteering?
Send an email to:
and we’ll contact you!
Art Jury Information
Want to exhibit your artwork at the library?